Comodo & PL 7.x

Started by bertie97, November 16, 2014, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertie97

Where exactly is the new option setting on Comodo?  I have been looking but it eludes me :(
I ask as I found that with an AV scan running my browser virtually locks solid (Opera 12.17 x64)  This hasn't been the case previously....
So far it seems only to be the browser but it made me wonder what settings are different.

BenYeeHua

I don't think I can understand you...
Picture for the setting please? :)

bertie97

Hi BYH - I cannot take a picture cos I don't know where it is!!  :P
I saw this -
Quote7.2 - Change - Core - Add a couple COMODO processes to the list of ignored processes (use of this list can be toggled in Options menu)
but where on the options menu...   :'(

BenYeeHua

K, you can't change the list, but you can disable the function. :)
It is the Options-General Settings-Ignore Problematic Processes, you can just un-tick it for disable it.

For what's it do, it is to ignore/don't access COMODO processes, because many Anti-virus/security software are sensitive to any processes that are accessing their processes.
And you really can't change anything for security software, so it is nothing for just ignore it. ;)
---
BTW, if you can change anything of the security software, then you has a weak security software. ;)

bertie97

OK thanks BYH
Yeah I know AV can be  temperamental & sometimes it is helpful, others not so much :D 

BenYeeHua

Yup, as long as it block any virus coming inside, which also defend the system vulnerabilities before the patch is come out(they often do that silently), then it is okay. ;)