Not too sure where to put this, but wow...Just wow

Started by Jeremy Vines, December 07, 2014, 06:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Vines

I recently began a discussion on Reddit endorsing this product and some of the things that it is capable of. My main focus was gaming, since that is one of the primary reasons that I have PL installed. Jeremy came into the thread and shed some light on the situation and was extremely professional in his approach. He even sent me a lifetime activation code for this wonderful piece of software. It was totally unexpected. I am very grateful for this and I will firmly stand behind any software developer that carries themselves in the manner that Mr. Collake does.

Jeremy Collake

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jingle

Quote from: Jeremy Vines on December 07, 2014, 06:24:10 PM
I recently began a discussion on Reddit [snipped]

Is this the referred to discussion?:

REDACTED - No point telling our users what they already know, if they are here :).. basically Lasso's new Gamiing Mode 2.0 boosts FPS in Smite quite an amazing amount.

Jeremy Collake

Jeremy Collake

@Jingle: I am scared to ask why? Did you graffiti it?  :o

We've been pushing the reality that power saving features are active even in system default High Performance power plans for a while now, we just didn't have it as easily packaged. It won't always make a difference, but will in many cases. Certainly no 'secret sauce' or 'magic potions'.

NukerX

Hi!

I found out about Process Lasso from that same reddit thread and it definitely improved my gameplay.

Recently Ive been having issues with games starting to hang so I've dug into the documentation to learn more. It could be something on my end for sure (i don't think its lasso doing it).

Anyway, I was one of the commenters that replied to your post on giving out 10 licenses and I have not received it. Not sure if I'm still eligible?

I absolutely love the program and have been telling all of my gamer friends about it :)

Regards,
NukerX (check me out on twitter!)

Jeremy Collake

Since you posted, I sent, but you are the last one.

Thanks!

NukerX

Thanks a lot! The extra features are definitely nice to have. I look forward to anything else you develop in the future :)

Jeremy Collake

You won't have to wait long.

Thanks for the Support - and spread the word. God knows I don't have the advertising and marketing budgets of these big corps ;)

NukerX

I'm all for helping out the little guy. Small business is the lifeblood of the economy!

I have years of online marketing experience. Maybe I can help out in a few ways other than telling my friends ;)

Do you do any content or social marketing? Let me think on some easy stuff.

Also, for any business  owner on a budget, fiverr dot com is great for small stuff (graphical, branding, advertising).

Apologies if the link isn't wanted here, feel free to remove it.

Regards,
Chris

Jeremy Collake

Amen brother. I am the engineer who, at a large corp, would (at best) have his tech watered down and ruined (e.g. maybe bundles added) before it hit market.

Small business (in this case) is tech straight from the engineer to the consumer.

Why don't you email me at jeremy@bitsum.com

Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

Oh, and ironically, larger corps almost *never* innovate in the PC Optimization space. They are all about marketing. They don't care if their stuff actually works (seriously).

Sadly, they tend to copy me, and do a bad job of it. When they try to copy me, they are always a few months behind and never the same quality, all for a more expensive price. BUT, they often do have prettier graphics/UI, if that's what you're looking for :).

NukerX

Yep, as a marketer, all of the silly marketing ploys in the 'large corps' advertisements and in the software itself is all obvious to me. It's unfortunate it isn't obvious to the average PC user and they end up getting duped into buying the program. The PC optimization industry is riddled with as many "posers" and false advertisers as the p*nis enlarg*ment industry! No joke :p

edit: and I can say, from first hand use, that PL is the real deal :)

Jeremy Collake

Amen again! I've said it a thousand times myself.

Those corps also always cater to the lowest common denominator in the market. The stupidest person in the world, *that* is their target audience. Seriously.

At Bitsum, I prefer to cater to the - admittedly smaller - user base that has, and uses, their brains ;)

NukerX

Well on the plus side the program works great out of the box so that's something :) Though Im sure some people would still need a large flashing warning sign to not mess with any settings unless they know what they mean.

Famous last words: "What's this button do?"

Jeremy Collake

LOL, yes, this is a problem I've recently encountered. People 'tune' their systems and then blame Lasso when things go haywire. That's why I have those big 'no configuration necessary' words on the home page these days. EDIT: And am working on better safeties in the product, etc.. easier to use, even for grandma.

Another issue is that Lasso has been around for a long time. It's evolved. A lot of people need to give it a second look, not realizing what it can now do.

BenYeeHua

When you put the "Don't touch" words, they will touch it because of curiosity, so. ::)

NukerX

That is true Ben.

Hmmm, not to try to invade on your area of expertise here, but what about an option like "simple settings" and "advanced settings". Once the latter is checked, it opens up everything to the user, while the former is just basic stuff like active profile.

Jeremy Collake

Way ahead of ya bud, in product planning already. :)