Tablet +PL usage?

Started by bertie97, December 29, 2014, 06:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertie97

With all the tablets in the post-Xmas sale I got to wondering about PL on a tablet PC.
I don't see any commentary about tablet deployment on the product page but assume a Win-based tablet should be happy with PL.

Any obvious problems?  I'm guessing with something as low powered & battery sensitive as a tablet, PL would be the only genuine 'must-have' app.
If PL is happy on tablets the Bitsum marketing Dept. may need to get that info out there  ;)

Jeremy Collake

No problems.

It is great for Windows based tablets because they have underpowered CPUs.

The UI may not be designed for touch, but it's usable enough - most people never have to touch it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

bertie97

Jeremy Collake

(repeated post since I had to split topic due my discussion with Ben)

I personally use it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Ultrabook with great results. ProBalance has performed excellently in numerous real-world scenarios on that device.

Most Windows PC tablets are going to have similar hardware. If they are a cheaper model and have a less capable CPU to reduce thermal emissions, then ProBalance will be even more effective.

So, yes, it's all good - and I should make this clear.

Dunno if I'll ever develop a touch-centric UI, though have tried to make buttons bigger and such. However, touch-centric UIs may be parts of later product(s) that come out of Bitsum.

BenYeeHua

QuoteDunno if I'll ever develop a touch-centric UI, though have tried to make buttons bigger and such. However, touch-centric UIs may be parts of later product(s) that come out of Bitsum.
Yup, it is hard to choose, many software has a touch UI for main screen and function, but not for the advanced settings, which is the main point for Process Lasso.

For Windows 10, it look like they also design 2 mode, classic desktop, or tablet mode, while still providing Modern settings as windowed mode.

Maybe waiting to see the user's opinion about Windows 10 first? :P

Jeremy Collake

We'll see. Good news is Microsoft is finally back on the ball. Listening less to their focus groups, getting rid of deadwood execs, and doing some good engineering. Hasn't happened in the Windows group in a long time.

Jeremy Collake

Who knows. The CEO is just a piece of the puzzle. The most important thing may be that the ball and chain of the Gates and Ballmer legacy has been cleared.