Lasso on a Lenovo Yoga

Started by Jeremy Collake, December 30, 2014, 05:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

I personally use it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Ultrabook with great results. ProBalance has performed excellently in numerous real-world scenarios on that device.

Most Windows PC tablets are going to have similar hardware. If they are a cheaper model and have a less capable CPU to reduce thermal emissions, then ProBalance will be even more effective.

So, yes, it's all good - and I should make this clear.

Dunno if I'll ever develop a touch-centric UI, though have tried to make buttons bigger and such. However, touch-centric UIs may be parts of later product(s) that come out of Bitsum.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

QuoteThe UI may not be designed for touch, but it's usable enough - most people never have to touch it.
Yes, the screen is standing and you need to lift your hands to touch it, while also causing a dirty screen for some bad quality screen protector.
Quote from: Jeremy Collake on December 30, 2014, 05:22:39 AM
I personally use it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Ultrabook with great results. ProBalance has performed excellently in numerous real-world scenarios on that device.

Most Windows PC tablets are going to have similar hardware. If they are a cheaper model and have a less capable CPU to reduce thermal emissions, then ProBalance will be even more effective.

So, yes, it's all good - and I should make this clear.

Dunno if I'll ever develop a touch-centric UI, though have tried to make buttons bigger and such. However, touch-centric UIs may be parts of later product(s) that come out of Bitsum.
Yes, for newest Intel CPU Broadwell, it allowed the OEM to lower the TDP.
Your newer model Lenovo’s Yoga 3 Pro has 3.5TDP, which causing much lower CPU(mostly the GPU, which only running as 100MHz) performance than before.

Maybe you should go talk with Lenovo about this. ;D

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/192893-the-first-core-m-laptop-paints-a-depressing-mediocre-picture-for-intels-broadwell

Jeremy Collake

I meant the Lasso UI isn't designed for touch. The Lenovo Yoga I never use in tablet mode, though *do* reach up and touch the screen sometimes (usually a swipe action).

I would like a Yoga 3, just can't justify the expense. I upgraded my Yoga 2 /w minimum reqs to function as a dev machine - 1TB SSD + new 802.11ac WiFi. So, have money in it, and the better processor and longer batter life in the Yoga 3 just isn't worth $1K to me. Sadly. If only I were rich.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on December 30, 2014, 06:52:19 AM
I meant the Lasso UI isn't designed for touch. The Lenovo Yoga I never use in tablet mode, though *do* reach up and touch the screen sometimes (usually a swipe action).
Yup, and most software still not touch friendly, so that's ok. :)

QuoteI would like a Yoga 3, just can't justify the expense. I upgraded my Yoga 2 /w minimum reqs to function as a dev machine - 1TB SSD + new 802.11ac WiFi. So, have money in it, and the better processor and longer batter life in the Yoga 3 just isn't worth $1K to me. Sadly. If only I were rich.
Who don't want a new laptop and desktop every 1-2 year when they are rich. ;)
(Except they are lazy to copy the software over the new computer, which might not be the case if you just move over the SSD to newer laptop/desktop and hope Windows support it very well. :D)