Blank window / pane positions out of whack

Started by Jeremy Collake, January 25, 2010, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

For users who are seeing these sort of problems - use the menu option 'View / Reset Window Positions', or update to v3.80.2. It fixes it. These problems started in v3.80 and are caused when you maximize the window, adjust the height of the processes pane, the restore the window to its original size (or vice versa).

Another minor update is already on the horizon to make improvements to the rewritten pane sizing code of v3.80. It will properly address the problem. For now, I just wanted to get a build out there that absolutely will not allow the window panes to get out of whack. Unfortunately, it accomplishes this by forcing the pane layout to reset every time the main window is resized.

These minor user interface anomalies are burdensome when coding in straight C++, but that's part of the game. I save in resource consumption. Of course, as users of older builds know, I had it 'right' in those builds.. but the new ability to completely hide the graph induced a rewrite, which has caused complications in some scenarios.

In the end, it is simple code.. but I needed it working TONIGHT, and am out of brain power and nourishment. So, I will finish a proper fix in v3.80.3, and for now at least there is something guaranteed to always display correctly.

For most users, maybe you never noticed this at all ;).

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Bandy

Hi Jeremy,

I was just going to post to this blank window problem.  However, I only noticed this problem now because my 'subscription' to renew was coming up (I've pretty much left PL to do its thing, I have tremendous confidence in it after a prolonged trial eval'n).

HOWEVER my 'subscription' to renew ran out just a few days ago on the 3rd.  I live in D.C. and have been occupied with first preparing for and now digging out from under 24 to 30" of snow.  Hate to say, but making sure I had the last PL update before expiry was low on my list and got forgetten.  Also had some power outages which fortunately were resolved quickly, but I stayed off the computer for those reasons.

Hate to winge on about my problems, but this blank screen is inherent to this release and hope you see fit to help me out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jeremy Collake

@Bandy: I took care of your subscription expiration, so you can get v3.80.4 now if you weren't able to before. Remember, v3.80.2. was also a GOOD build - in fact, it was the 'safe' build which forced the child window positions into a correct state. So, you can always go back to that build if any troubles are found. That said, v3.80.4 should finally fully resolve these issues, allow customized pane positions, and better handling of main window resizing. If you don't find this to be the case, please let me know.

UPDATE: I also made sure ALL paid users who had access to the initial v3.80 release can get the v3.80.4 version, as this is only fair.

Thanks

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Bandy

Couldn't ask for anything more!  Many thanks, your product and service are deserving of the praise I've read about, and I seriously encourage others to try PL out all the time.

Cheers!