Started by BenYeeHua, January 26, 2015, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

Just like the image attached. :)

And it's gone after I restart PL.

Jeremy Collake

Thank you for reporting this.

It is something we are aware of.

For now, I recommend turning off the icons via the View menu.

They may have to default to off again for the sake of interoperability with problematic shell extensions, not to mention this. The refactored UI won't have this issue.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Yup, I will waiting for the new refactored UI. :)

Jeremy Collake

I may disable process icons entirely until then.

It's hard, doing so many jobs at once. You guys understand.

Thanks for your support. I guarantee you that we'll get 'there'.

BenYeeHua

Yup, and I always disable this icon, as I rarely find the process depend on the icon, just the name, so why I waste resource on it.
Of cause some newbie might need this, as icon(image) is much more easier to memories. ;)

edkiefer

I like process image, it is much faster finding the process then if it just had name, sure you can still find it but its slower .

I have never had any issues with images, sure once an a while it might be wrong, but overall its positive IMO .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yes, this is a real f*cking bitch for me.

People do like the icons.

What % are affected by crashes of these shell extensions? Dunno. Do these crashes affect other apps? If not, why not? I changed the method I use twice now.

I think I may have a new clue though, it may be one of my process's icons these shell extensions are getting confused on. I need professional icons on all my processes.

edkiefer

I personally have never had issue with stability with my old system (XP core dual) or new one (win7 -i5-3570k) with this option on  .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yea, it's a tricky one... I dunno.

I think I will make an easy toggle button. Off by default, but obvious how to show them ... YES, that's it.

edkiefer

sure, I have no problems with it now, whatever you make default .

I only posted for info on what I see with my hardware .
Bitsum QA Engineer