Computer Freezing (EDIT: overheating CPU on overclocked PC)

Started by ilikefree, April 01, 2015, 08:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

Ya...
Freezing is much more harder to find out the cause, as normally it is caused by hardware... :p

And It is lucky that the SSD don't lost any data while you are doing a lot of force shut down. ;)

So far the freezing issues that I normally know is, when the CPU has been overclocked and it is too low/high voltage for that CPU.
For the laptop, I has really no idea how to find out, even if you found it, it can be hard to replace that hardware... :P

ilikefree

I have done a bit of searching and it would appear a lot of people with Intel 530 Series SSD's are having freezing problems so you may be right with it being hardware,
I did try using a standard drive and doing a fresh install of the operating system but had another freeze half way through the install.
Might be time to put the axe through this laptop and start again. >:(

BenYeeHua

At least keeping it as a backup laptop, rather than just destroy it. ;)

QuoteI did try using a standard drive and doing a fresh install of the operating system but had another freeze half way through the install.
It can be AHCI?
Try changing it to IDE and see did it is fixed or not, but I think this might not be the issues, as AHCI is not buggy like 10 years ago. :)

ilikefree

Not sure how to do that could you talk me through it please

ilikefree

I changed a driver for an older one I had and it has not had a freeze since.
I also created another user account and after a few changes it has helped
I now have the option of Bitsum Highest Performance in power options back and have that set as default
So far looking a lot better but a bit early to say it is fixed

ilikefree

Several hours have past now with no more freezing
My desktop icons kept changing size and position so I went to
User/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows and deleted UsrClass.dat
after a restart Windows made another dat file and my icons now don't change
Looks like having the latest driver might not have been the best thing for my system

BenYeeHua

So, that driver is for which hardware, and also the version you are currently using? :)

It should helps other people that also facing similar issues with the same hardware, of cause after you has confirm it is fixed. ;)

ilikefree

Intel 82801 GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller -27C4  driver was changed
Intel SSD Toolbox system information says I'm already in IDE Channel though I thought I was using ACHI
Had another freeze after 7 hours running last night.
Disc check (dskchk /f) found no problems
SFC /Scannow found no problems
Don't really know what to do next as everything checks out as being OK even though I know something is not OK.

ilikefree

I just changed the following in regedit to see if it would help
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_System_CurrentControlSet_Services_Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_System_CurrentControlSet_Services_iaStorV

And in thease three keys in the right pan u will find a key named "START" change at all three (Msahci,iaStor,iaStorV) values from 0 To 1
Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_System_CurrentControlSet_Services_PciIde
,then change the start value to "0"
I was also looking for this key but it was not there so skipped it
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_System_CurrentControlSet_Services_iaStor

When I go to device manager now ACHI drivers have gone so will see if it helps at all.

BenYeeHua

Look like this will be a long time before found a solution or change to a new laptop. :P