Update button greyed out

Started by Wolfsbane, August 01, 2015, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfsbane

When using the Check for Updates option, the update form that pops up has for a the last few versions had the update button greyed out and I am unable to press it to update it. The only way to update it is manually downloading the program from the site. Also, the automatic update does not work as I believe it can not go through with the process due to the update button being greyed out. What could be causing this to occur? Thank-you for your assistance.

edkiefer

Quote from: Wolfsbane on August 01, 2015, 08:01:46 PM
When using the Check for Updates option, the update form that pops up has for a the last few versions had the update button greyed out and I am unable to press it to update it. The only way to update it is manually downloading the program from the site. Also, the automatic update does not work as I believe it can not go through with the process due to the update button being greyed out. What could be causing this to occur? Thank-you for your assistance.

Hi, that is odd ,first have heard this , are you sure you don't have some kind of firewall blocking the updater or AV quarantined part of PL ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

Wolfsbane

It doesn't seem it's being blocked by the firewall or have any part of it quarantined. Are there any particular files that I should look for being blocked? Also, are there any particular IPs that it contacts during the update?

edkiefer

AFAIK, Processlasso.exe does the update check .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Can you show us a screenshot? I've never heard of this before and don't have any code in Process Lasso that would disable the update button afaik.

Thanks.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Wolfsbane

Since installing Process Lasso manually, just after my first post, it is updating properly but if this occurs again, I will post a screen shot. Thank-you all for your assistance.

Jeremy Collake

Ok, great, yes please do so! It may be something you never see again, but if you do, definitely post it. I've never heard of such a thing occurring past or present.

Wolfsbane

The greyed out Update button has occurred again.

Jeremy Collake

That's very interesting. Please hold while I evaluate ways this could possibly happen.