Process Lasso is uninstalled, yet still have 'Bitsum Highest Performance' option

Started by Tatsu, October 13, 2015, 05:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsu

The option appears as one of the power plans within Windows Power settings. I discovered it recently because I wanted to reduce power consumption for a particular reason.

Anyway I'd already uninstalled Process Lasso prior to migrating to Windows 10, but the option is still there.
I was about to delete the registry entry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes\381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e], but felt I should ask on here before I do. Is there any way to get rid of it, or is this the only way?

Thanks.

edkiefer

Quote from: Tatsu on October 13, 2015, 05:01:38 AM
The option appears as one of the power plans within Windows Power settings. I discovered it recently because I wanted to reduce power consumption for a particular reason.

Anyway I'd already uninstalled Process Lasso prior to migrating to Windows 10, but the option is still there.
I was about to delete the registry entry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\User\PowerSchemes\381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e], but felt I should ask on here before I do. Is there any way to get rid of it, or is this the only way?

Thanks.
See if this works the same in Win10 .
Funny we test this to so shouldn't leave left overs when uninstall .
Do you remember if you were in bitsumHP power plan when you uninstalled PL ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

Tatsu

Quote from: edkiefer on October 13, 2015, 08:01:33 AM
See if this works the same in Win10 .
Funny we test this to so shouldn't leave left overs when uninstall .
Do you remember if you were in bitsumHP power plan when you uninstalled PL ?

Hi edkiefer thanks for your response! I'm usually always on High Performance because of the games I play on Steam. It's strange as I'd never previously seen the Bitsum Power options before that time. I'm trying now to recall whether I uninstalled properly or not which may explain the remnants of the (admittedly awesome) program, or whether something else like Nvidia Experience's power options may have been to blame.

BenYeeHua

Maybe you has enabled Gaming Mode game detection, so when you are uninstalling Process Lasso, Steam is still running and Process Lasso has enabled Gaming Mode automatic and switch over to bitsumHP power plan. :)

edkiefer

I just tried that, had game exe running game mode , PL running and uninstall PL at control panel.
Even this extreme case it did a clean uninstall .

PS: I always at least close the program I am going to uninstall before I do uninstall it .
Bitsum QA Engineer