Process Lasso and Kaspersky

Started by Senlac_Hill, December 11, 2015, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senlac_Hill

Hello ! Have used Process Lasso for some time now, and have recently installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Now it seems every time Lasso tries to do anything, Kaspersky blocks the action !!! Any ideas ???

Thanks Ahead of time for a Great Product !

edkiefer

Quote from: Senlac_Hill on December 11, 2015, 09:01:56 PM
Hello ! Have used Process Lasso for some time now, and have recently installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Now it seems every time Lasso tries to do anything, Kaspersky blocks the action !!! Any ideas ???

Thanks Ahead of time for a Great Product !

Did you try to add PL to exclude list ?

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/11386
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

You may want to try reinstalling v8.9.1.4 (just install over-top). When we first issued it, it only had SHA2 only code signing, which some security software does not support OR they had white-listed our SHA1 code signature, and thus we were no longer white-listed.

We had to re-issue the build, going back to classical SHA1 signing.

I am now preparing a beta, v8.9.1.5-beta, that uses proper dual-signing, though we're going to be a lot more cautious and carefully test such this time, especially now that we know security software seems to be lagging behind with regards to supporting SHA2 digital code signatures.

When security software sees an 'issue' with code signing, valid or not, they then treat the executable as much more suspicious.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks :). I would not expect it to conflict with that application. You should consider using Lasso's SmartTrim though, it is designed to be a safer, smarter alternative to traditional RAM 'cleaners'. The whole concept is still something I'm not a general fan of, but at least SmartTrim does it right. Note that it's disabled by default.

Also, as of v8.9.6.8 and above of Process Lasso, issues with security software should be few and far between, if any. It has been substantially optimized over previous versions, and this at the same time helped deal with the tamper-resistance of some security software doing so much logging.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.