Can the new Memory Load bar graph be turned off?

Started by MMcVeigh, September 22, 2010, 01:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMcVeigh

The latest PL 4 betas (3.99 series) added a Memory Load bar graph.  I am sure someone wanted that, but for me it is a duplication of the graph memory load data which also shows history.  I think this new display actually detracts from the graph by stealing space.  Is there a way for me to turn this off?

In a related note, I searched the forum for "memory load" before starting a new topic and found there have been many requests over a couple of years for a memory load display in the task bar icon.  I think that would be valuable addition.  Could that be reconsidered for inclusion of PL 4?

Thanks for a great tool,
Mark McVeigh

TfH

Hi, Mark.

I've been checking that too and i don't think it's possible to hide atm. Only way to put it hidden is using "hide graph", but that hides all graphs.

That's as far as i know. I'm not 100% sure about it, but i have not found way how to hide it.

kronckew

Jeremy Collake

Ok, I'll try throw in a way to turn the memory load graph off before final. In a worst case scenario I'll wait until v4.1. I am just tired of being in beta and want (no, need) to release v4. Adding such an option is a little more work than I want to deal with right now.

As for a memory load display in the system tray, I could do that pretty easy, and will also keep that in mind. Of course, I hate to try to duplicate the functionalities of a standard task manager, but if I show the CPU utilization in the system tray it is a pretty easy addition to show the memory load (in replace of, or in addition to).

For now I'm going to stay focused on finishing up and optimizing the core engine, as there is some tuning I want to do and completion and testing of the new features. This is the top priority, then whatever time I have left I'll spend on cosmetics.

Thanks for your suggestions ;)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

BTW, in newer builds the overhead of the new graph is virtually nothing. At first I had the painting all messed up, hence the bad performance. I think mostly this disable request is for screen space, but just figured I'd mention this.

Jeremy Collake

UPDATE: As of v3.99.29 beta this new memory load graph can be disabled. Use the View menu or hit CTRL+R to hide/show the 'RAM Load'.