Should the new 'RAM Load' graph be hidden by default?

Started by Jeremy Collake, November 11, 2010, 07:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the new 'RAM Load' graph be hidden by default?

Yes
3 (30%)
No
7 (70%)
I'm just clicking random links
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Jeremy Collake

Should the new 'RAM Load' graph be hidden by default? This will make the appearance much like v4, though of course the internals have had massive improvements. I fear some users may think this means no changes were made (when in-fact, the opposite is true). Perhaps I should have focused more on cosmetic overhauls. Oh well. Please state your opinion if you have a spare moment, I'm curious ;).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

MMcVeigh

I don't use it.  Off by default is fine with me, but being able to turn it of is OK too.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks ;). What I'll do is make it easy to toggle by clicking on it, much like the graph legend.

Hotrod

What about an option in the configuration to set the default view to a users preference at startup?

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on November 11, 2010, 10:11:53 PM
What about an option in the configuration to set the default view to a users preference at startup?

The default view is set to their preference, if they've run it before of course and tweaked it around. Asking specifically during install is another step in a process already too long ;o. For multiple users, their defaults will be kept so long as they are the only user using that user account ;o.

m_yakiwchuk@hotmail.com

Personally I like seeing this graph by default (it appeared on first install when I upgraded to v4).  I also like that I can make it disappear by clicking the graph - cool feature!  8)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: m_yakiwchuk@hotmail.com on November 18, 2010, 06:45:27 PM
Personally I like seeing this graph by default (it appeared on first install when I upgraded to v4).  I also like that I can make it disappear by clicking the graph - cool feature!  8)

Thanks ;). I've been debating on whether to make it re-appear when you click where it used to be. No other reason to click there, after all...