Restraining :svchost.exe (netsvc)

Started by peereli, February 06, 2011, 03:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peereli

Hi

Is that OK if  Process Lasso restrains :svchost.exe (netsvc) ? [It is a system process]

Jeremy Collake

It depends on the system in question and what else is happening at the same time. In general, NO, it won't hurt anything at all the vast majority of the time. In the remaining minority of the time, the consequences are poor performance in some way, not catastrophes or anything. If you feel it is negatively impacting your system in any way, exclude that particular svchost.exe instance from ProBalance restraint. If you have troubles doing so, let me know. It should work fine, and did last I tested, but it has been a while. As you can see, Process Lasso 'extends' the process name of 'svchost.exe' to indicate what group of services it is hosting. That is why I mention to make sure to let me know if the exclusion doesn't work. Apply the exclusion with a right-click and the 'extended' name of svchost.exe will be added. This way other instances can still remain restrained, or treated differently - as is the design.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

peereli

Quote from: jeremy.collake on February 06, 2011, 09:41:01 PM
It depends on the system in question and what else is happening at the same time. In general, NO, it won't hurt anything at all the vast majority of the time. In the remaining minority of the time, the consequences are poor performance in some way, not catastrophes or anything. If you feel it is negatively impacting your system in any way, exclude that particular svchost.exe instance from ProBalance restraint. If you have troubles doing so, let me know. It should work fine, and did last I tested, but it has been a while. As you can see, Process Lasso 'extends' the process name of 'svchost.exe' to indicate what group of services it is hosting. That is why I mention to make sure to let me know if the exclusion doesn't work. Apply the exclusion with a right-click and the 'extended' name of svchost.exe will be added. This way other instances can still remain restrained, or treated differently - as is the design.
Thanks for your reply Jeremy.Please ignore my question in the support section.