restart/rehook processes that lose mouse-hook

Started by MainTrane, February 06, 2011, 04:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MainTrane

Using Win7Pro (64-bit) a lot of programs (usually 32-bit) that establish a hook into the mouse lose this ability after a while.

Why their hook into the mouse breaks? I don't know; but it would be great if there were a program that could automatically restart (or preferably rehook) these programs, once they lose their mouse-hook.

thanks for this incredible program Jeremy,
Jermain

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: MainTrane on February 06, 2011, 04:49:09 PM
Using Win7Pro (64-bit) a lot of programs (usually 32-bit) that establish a hook into the mouse lose this ability after a while.
Why their hook into the mouse breaks? I don't know; but it would be great if there were a program that could automatically restart (or preferably rehook) these programs, once they lose their mouse-hook.

I will have to think about the implementation. The same applies for Keyboard hooks, and also for other types of hooks (some that mask as that type of hook as a method of DLL injection into the process to hook APIs and other things). Anyway, restarting a process like that is fine, and might go along with the category of 'restart when the shell restarts'. A new possible option.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

MainTrane

Thanks for the reply, and the willingness to look into this issue.
I'd really look forward to something that solves these lost hook problems ;D.