Process Lasso 9.0.0.155ß crash

Started by boco, February 08, 2017, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boco

PL 9.0.0.0155ß crashes as soon as I want to resize its GUI window. Is that a known issue?

Note: Maximizing and restoring through the OS control buttons works. Just no manual resizing.

Windows 7 SP1 x64.
Process Lasso Pro with Lifetime updates since 2009-05-14, Entire home since 2010-12-14.

edkiefer

I don't have .155beta but .153beta and resizing works fine.
Was this a problem on early versions too, or this is first time on branch 9.0.xxxxxx

Edit: yes, it crashes and probably why it didn't update to .155beta.
So go back to .153beta (DL official ver 8.9 and enable beta again and you should get .153beta).
Bitsum QA Engineer

boco

I was updated automatically to 9.x version (receive betas). With previous versions, resizing worked fine. Don't know when it started exactly, as I rarely need to open the GUI.

Might be a regression.
Process Lasso Pro with Lifetime updates since 2009-05-14, Entire home since 2010-12-14.

edkiefer

It was most likely pulled, read my above comment.
I just went through the process.

You can also DL exe directly from your "my license " section of main site ( https://bitsum.com/checkout/purchase-confirmation/purchase-history/ ).
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

I found the cause and have fixed in 157, which should complete in 20 minutes at least.

I was not aware of this crash, I had just (luckily) not pushed out the 155 update because there was little change - well, added this crash anyway.

I recommend letting Bitsum manage the version you have installed, even if we have published a newer or alternate one. We have every intent of giving you the latest build, trust me ;).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

157 out, let me know if it still crashes.

I am redoing some things in 159 that will make sure this never happens again, and improve performance of the GUI.

boco

.157 doesn't crash when resizing.

I got .155 via Auto-update, so it must have been pushed at some point.

edkiefer

Yes, it was, I assumed it was pulled cause newest at the time for me on 2 systems was .153b.

Also, right .157b works fine, no crash with resize.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Understandable assumption.

Glad to hear I hit the nail on the head (I knew it had to be the one change ;p).

bertie97

Seeing this thread made me wonder if it would be possible to add the version # to the title bar (after 'pro' in the screenshot.) or maybe the option to see it there to please those who think that looks untidy?

boco

Usually the complete version shows when hovering above the tray icon.

Jeremy Collake

I could add it in small-print on the graph, but I have to be careful and not make the graph look like a strip mall full of signs ;).

Tarnak

Really, not needed....superfluous!  Leave the graph alone. ;)

Jeremy Collake