4.09.30 Beta - Cannot kill or restart processes

Started by Neo, March 12, 2011, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

Jeremy -

I just downloaded the latest beta and found that I have to use taskman to kill unresponsive processes.  When I try to restart or terminate them with PL I receive this message: "Process Lasso was unable to terminate the process you instructed. You may not have sufficient rights to terminate it."  Running XP SP3 w/ admin rights.

I have a couple of other things I've noticed that I'll post under separate topics.

Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Neo on March 12, 2011, 06:39:36 PM
Jeremy -

I just downloaded the latest beta and found that I have to use taskman to kill unresponsive processes.  When I try to restart or terminate them with PL I receive this message: "Process Lasso was unable to terminate the process you instructed. You may not have sufficient rights to terminate it."  Running XP SP3 w/ admin rights.

I have a couple of other things I've noticed that I'll post under separate topics.

Thanks.

Thanks for the report. I will give it a try. I did not find that in Windows 7, so it may be specific to XP. I will report back after testing ;)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

What language are you using? English?

This may be related to the settings used during install, though I continue to investigate. So far I've found the beta continues to crash in W2K when the GUI window is opened (ok till then), and no issue terminating processes in XP with the default configuration and a standard process. So, I'll try a few alternate scenarios and see if I can figure out the circumstances resulting in this failure.

Please let me know if you only see this in a small subset or processes, or any process you try terminating (e.g. you can experiment with calc.exe or something).

Thanks for your time ;)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.