4.09.30 Beta - PL doesn't refresh piggy process list on system performance graph

Started by Neo, March 12, 2011, 07:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

I noticed that the processes listed when I moused over a highlighted area of the system performance graph that illustrates when a process is hogging CPU resources either isn't refreshing or isn't fully refreshing.  Having a somewhat older system and running new apps on it means they like to take more of my limited, although maxed-out, system resources; I see those highlighted areas more often than I used to.  I recently moused over one as it marched by on my screen and it displayed the name of an application installation package and a browser I had run several minutes prior; the package and browser had already unloaded from RAM long before their names were displayed.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Neo on March 12, 2011, 07:03:01 PM
I noticed that the processes listed when I moused over a highlighted area of the system performance graph that illustrates when a process is hogging CPU resources either isn't refreshing or isn't fully refreshing.  Having a somewhat older system and running new apps on it means they like to take more of my limited, although maxed-out, system resources; I see those highlighted areas more often than I used to.  I recently moused over one as it marched by on my screen and it displayed the name of an application installation package and a browser I had run several minutes prior; the package and browser had already unloaded from RAM long before their names were displayed.

I apologize. This problem is fixed in the newer beta. I have considered back-porting it, but am so close to v4.1 (or I've thought I was)... So, soon the problem will be no more ;). If you want to give the beta a try, you are welcome to. I believe it to be stable, though it is a beta, and therefore the standard warnings about beta versions apply -- as they have NOT been fully tested.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I uploaded a new stable/final build, v4.00.34, that should correct this problem. Since v4.1 was taking so long, I felt this was appropriate.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.