option "Decrease GUI and core engine priority"

Started by edkiefer, April 17, 2011, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edkiefer

Two small things here , I looked for some documentation on when this would be good idea to enable (I can see where GUI lower/raise would factor in) but how this would affect Pro-balance I am not sure .

Small issue with enabling/toggling this option .
startup I have these default priority
1) ProcessLasso = High
2) Processgovernor =Above normal

Now when I enable option "Decrease GUI and core engine priority" I get these results

1) ProcessLasso = Above normal
2) Processgovernor =Above normal * note no change

When I toggle it off now I get these priority valves .

1) ProcessLasso = High
2) Processgovernor =High*  but now it goes higher

Then with it set off and restart PL I am back to where I started .

1) ProcessLasso = High
2) Processgovernor =Above normal

Not big issue at all but be nice if we could understand whe you might want this option on .

Ed
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Thanks, the logic there is definitely not right, and documentation needs amended as well. I believe the boolean check logic was inversed, though will check to be sure shortly. Thanks for reporting the bug.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Oh, forgot to say, check the "reset all config defaults"  and "restore default" in option menus if that should put back priority to what they are after startup as for me changes I made didn't revert back .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: edkiefer on April 17, 2011, 09:53:56 PM
Oh, forgot to check the "reset defaults" in option menus if that should put back priority to what they are after startup as for me changes I made didn't revert back .

Likely overlooked as that is a relatively new option, will fix it too ;). Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.