Author Topic: wrt54gl modded cfe  (Read 9283 times)

Offline M0g13r

• New
wrt54gl modded cfe
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
hi !

any chance to get your cfe.288.zip ?
the dl link doesn't work :\

thx

Offline M0g13r

• New
Re: wrt54gl modded cfe
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
hi !

ok. got it from webarchive ;)

thx

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
Glad you got it ;). It must have gotten deleted in a cleanup somewhere. Surprised anyone really wants it, though those routers did overclock quite well for me.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Offline Hotrod

• Member++
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
I think you've got some download links on the main site pointing to the wrong place or the place no longer exists. :(

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
I think you've got some download links on the main site pointing to the wrong place or the place no longer exists. :(

Part of a transition to a single dedicated linux server, amongst other things. There are many considerations.

For the 'wiki' I used to run, based on ASP, I did not want to run it on the main server with MONO (ASP for linux) because I feared security. After all, that particular little open source wiki was not well maintained and who knows when an exploit would be discovered (if not already). Solution? Write a simple script to parse the original URLs and send the visitor to pre-rendered static pages. The issue is that the links on these static pages will largely malfunction, since they are no longer part of that old wiki software. No way I was going to run that non-maintained wiki on my server, too likely to be breached.

In other cases, I've had to be very careful about content hosted on the servers. False positives are a huge problem in the security industry right now. It is compounded by the fact that a single false positive can case your entire web site to be rated dangerous, something some companies don't care about fixing in a timely manner (or at all). These risks had to mitigated.

So, I do what I can, work on what I can, continually improve and maintain this little online presence of mine. I try to preserve old links and projects as best I can though, as I did in this case. Allowing the Internet Archive to archive 99% of the site (unlike most companies) helps too, as a last ditch option.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:38:20 AM by jeremy.collake »
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.