Bug processlasso.ini in 5.0.0.38 release

Started by Pho3nX, August 07, 2011, 05:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pho3nX

Hi Bitsum Team ;)

ProcessLasso I use for years and the last version I ran into a problem I never had before.

When I run ProcessLasso Portable for the first time, he tells me an error message (I am in administrator and UAC disabled). I noticed in the latest version 5.0.0.38, ProcessLasso creates a folder "processlasso.ini" instead of a file "processlasso.ini" in the directory Program Files \ ProcessLasso.

No problem returning to version 5.0.0.37 and earlier

Thank you, good luck!

Jeremy Collake

You guessed the likely confusion is because prolasso.ini exists as a folder. I need to clean that condition up, though I do not believe it is common and only a few unlucky people experienced it. Please rename the folder to something else and it will probably work. In the meantime, I will see what I can do in the next build. You may want to make sure you copy your prolasso.ini *file* so you don't lose your configuration in any accident.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Pho3nX

I forgot to mention that after the error message, Process Lasso starts anyway. The problem is this error message on first launch, simply;)

Jeremy Collake

The last week was not one of my more productive weeks in life, but I did do some testing and saw what you were talking about. This is one of my work items for the next minor update.

Jeremy Collake

I have now fixed this bug. It will auto-cleanup the old condition you see. It was caused in an older build when a user typed in a folder without filename when specifying a global INI file path (easy to do, and acceptable). The error message in 0.38 simply let you know this problem was happening. In prior builds. failure to save the configuration could have occurred.