My profiles are not saving the CPU affinity settings fully ?

Started by blackbat, October 27, 2019, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackbat

My profiles are not saving the CPU affinity settings fully ?  I don't want to have to reset them every time. Is the a way to save the profile fully ? Thanks !  :)

Jeremy Collake

They should be saved fully, but rules applied in the prior profile aren't undone. So, for instance, a CPU affinity on notepad.exe of 1-4 will carry over to the next profile you select UNLESS you create an over-riding rule to reset the affinity of notepad.exe to all cores.

Does that explain what you see?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

blackbat

Thanks for reply   I trying different settings whilst using  X plane 11  & I'm trying to allow  x plane to use  cores 2-7    & everything else I want to put on cores 1-2. So Ive created a profile named " x plane using 2 to 7".  But I don't see any save button so I assume it auto saves to that profile ?  When I close down Process Lasso  & restart  many of the CPU Affinity settings have returned to default ?   I have the paid version, is there a manual ? + has someone created a x plane 11 profile that can be shared?  Or does it have to be bespoke to your own computer /program build ? Cheers J

blackbat

* Sorry I mean " everything else on 0 to 1 cores  Thanks J

edkiefer

This thread might help too.

https://community.bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

You shouldn't need to make a new profile to set your apps/games, just do it in the default profile.

If you make a new one you will then have to make all the changes to that profile.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Right, it saves to the profile you are in, hence no save button.

The only documentation is here: https://bitsum.com/processlasso-docs/ . I won't claim it is likely to be helpful in this case.

There are a few possibilities here, but before I go speculating, could you maybe take a few screenshots to show what you are seeing? This will help clarify the issue.

Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.