Hi, another poor Asus driver!

Started by BenYeeHua, November 03, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Yup, I wonder did Windows start support it native is a good choose or not, as it look like most OEM don't know about touchpad and touchscreen... :P

And I still waiting someone to review some precise touchpad, which is support native by Windows 8.1, to see can it compare with the fast respond(or good user experience) of Mac touchpad. :)

Jeremy Collake

Well, it would be odd that so many PC manufacturers are so complacent when it comes to their software, including drivers, *but* you have to take in account how these larger corporations operate. They consider software an after-thought. It won't be until software is a priority that we ever get software worth a damn.

The good news is that every problem in the world is an opportunity for us small fries.

BenYeeHua

So, I guess they can just start handle it to Windows then, just like nearly all the Printer and USB that support native by Windows, and stop worry about maintaining the driver. ;)
(And also lost control about "standard", just follow the Microsoft Standard, not sure this is good or bad. :P)

This is about the printer driver evolution with Hardware(or it should be firmware) standard, and I am a bit surprised when I don't need to install driver manually for printing.  :)
(even you still need to install the printer driver for advanced firmware and software feature for that printer)
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/07/25/simplifying-printing-in-windows-8.aspx

Jeremy Collake

The ones who do write their own drivers start with a Microsoft template, then progressively screw it up from there.

BenYeeHua

So, it is because the Microsoft template is too complex for them? :)
And I also forgot that Firmware is also a software, so even the driver don't has issues, the firmware can has some issues. ;D