Watchdog, is this possible?

Started by Marctraider, May 12, 2015, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marctraider

Hi all.

First of all great little program right here.
I have a question about process lasso.

I know with Watchdog it is possible to execute a certain program etc
What I'm trying to do is I have an nvidia card and use inspector to force it on low power or high(adaptive)

So far i managed to make it execute the program when CPU usage is >1% for like a second and puts the GPU on higher performance mode. But I'm unsure how to proceed after this. Now I want to make watchdog execute the low profile setting for my GPU whenever the game process is ended.

But I dont think this is possible ? The best I can do is when CPU usage is below 1% it executes the low profile GPU setting, but when you close the game manually this doesnt work ofcourse.

Any possibility for a function like this? When Process exists/no longer exists -> execute

Jeremy Collake

Yes, certainly you should be able to do this. Let me give this some thought. The watchdog area is a target of current refactoring, so a whole new interface will be available one day. Until then, let me think a bit, and probably I will add an 'execute on terminate' option.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

DeadHead

I think the whole watchdog idea in PL is very powerful, but there probably should be more examples and 'templates' about what can actually be done with it.
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

Jeremy Collake

Probably so. Maybe community members can help with that.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

If I understand him right , he wants to change the power states of the profile with Nvidia GPU (not CPU ,this is driver/bios related ) .
He wants to have like P00 , P02, P05 an P08 (lower number higher performance state ) .
Now I think Inspector can make OC profile shortcuts with power states (I think ), so you could execute these at certain times , but In my mind having a GPU% usage for a status point in watchdog would make something like this usable .

I have no idea how hard, I know PE has GPU% graph so I guess it possible but how much would it be used, that would be question .
Bitsum QA Engineer