Stays in "Bitsum Highest Performance" after exiting game

Started by Sethos, June 03, 2015, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethos

Hey,

Recently, Process Lasso tends to stay in Bitsum Highest Performance after I exited my game(s). I disabled the automatic Gaming Mode, then I manually set the power profile per .exe and it has worked well. However in the past few weeks, I noticed I had to manually set it back to balanced.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

v8.0.6.4 x64 / Windows 8.1

edkiefer

Quote from: Sethos on June 03, 2015, 01:50:19 PM
Hey,

Recently, Process Lasso tends to stay in Bitsum Highest Performance after I exited my game(s). I disabled the automatic Gaming Mode, then I manually set the power profile per .exe and it has worked well. However in the past few weeks, I noticed I had to manually set it back to balanced.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

v8.0.6.4 x64 / Windows 8.1
Hi
I think there is still a issue if you run both game mode and if you have specific power profile for a app.
So only use one or other on a app not both .
With some app, they don't close when you click exit "x" , so make sure there not hidden in tray, still running .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Sethos

As mentioned, I do not have Gaming Mode enabled, as I wish to be in full control over what gets the power profile and what does not. Also, I have checked, double-checked and even triple-checked that no .exe is still running in the background. When I exit the game, it's gone and not listed in Process Lasso either. I even checked all the 'Rule' flags on every single open application to make sure nothing with a power-profile flag is running.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't want to do it but I did a clean re-install and it seems to be working again. Guess it was just a small bug. This can be considered resolved.

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

In version 8.1, which has just been released, a new safety mechanism was added to fix any case where the system is stuck in the Bitsum Highest Performance power profile due to an improper shutdown of the PC or processgovernor.exe. Whether or not that is the cause of your problem, I don't know, but if so, it will now recover better from such scenarios.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.