Windows 2003 Terminal Services

Started by zoulas, December 04, 2008, 01:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoulas

Hello, would this product work on windows 2003 terminal services with say about 25 people logged in simultaniuosly? Or is it stricly for a single pc and single user. Thanks

Jeremy Collake

It is designed to work in environments with multiple users, including limited users. There are various ways it could be configured, with the default being that each user would have his or her own instance of the GUI and/or core engine that manages his or her own processes. Alternatively, you could run the core engine as a system service that manages all processes.

I've not personally tested it with 25 simultaneous users, but it should do fine. Please let me know if it doesn't.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

RDMTECH

I have run PL as a service on multiple 2003 terminal servers.  Each average 30-40 users.  It works great.

flyduck

Quote from: RDMTECH on December 18, 2008, 08:55:49 AM
I have run PL as a service on multiple 2003 terminal servers.  Each average 30-40 users.  It works great.

Hi, is it possible to configure Lasso so that normal users will not get a system tray icon? (and no language selection screen)

Jeremy Collake

This question was already answered via email, I think, but I will provide an answer here for whomever else may ask this question:

First, remember that the core engine of Process Lasso, processgovernor.exe, can run silently in the background without the graphical user interface, processlasso.exe. Therefore, to hide the system tray icon and language selection dialog, you simply need to disable the automatic startup of the Process Lasso GUI, while leaving the core engine configured to start at user login. You can do this by re-running the installer. You'll be prompted for startup configuration towards the end of the install process.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.