Author Topic: Any way to choose power plan when performance mode active ?  (Read 280 times)

Offline empleat

• Basic
It seems it is not possible to pick power plan to use, when performance mode is active. I can't find it anywhere...

Offline edkiefer

• Volunteer User Moderator
  • Member#
Re: Any way to choose power plan when performance mode active ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
It seems it is not possible to pick power plan to use, when performance mode is active. I can't find it anywhere...
Hi, If you had performance mode for a specific process and you ran another program with a profile power plan too. Your first performance mode program is still running so that power plan should still be running.

The best, most efficient ways to sue power plans IMO is to think high/low, so use two or a combo with idlesaver. If you use multiple plans with many processes it's not going to work really as intended.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »
See 'Options / Power / Performance Mode Settings / Select power plan to use ...'
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Offline empleat

• Basic
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 02:40:33 AM »
See 'Options / Power / Performance Mode Settings / Select power plan to use ...'
Thanks!

Offline empleat

• Basic
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 02:50:17 AM »

Performance mode activated upon process launch and than power plan doesn't switch to Ultimate Performance, when under select power plan to use, i selected Ultimate Performance. Weird...

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 09:53:21 AM »
It isn't clear why it isn't working for you. Quick tests appear to show the feature fully functional. What does the log say?

It should say something like:
Code: [Select]
Time,Computer name,User name,PID,Process name,Action,More info,Path,Command line
06-21-2020 09:51:15,BITSUM-PRIMARY,jerem,5876,notepad.exe,Active power plan changed,Per request of process default the power plan is now Ultimate Performance,,
06-21-2020 09:51:15,BITSUM-PRIMARY,jerem,5876,notepad.exe,Automatic Performance Mode ON,Automatic Performance Mode was turned on because a specified game process was found running.,c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe,"C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe"

The log may give a clue...

Offline empleat

• Basic
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
It isn't clear why it isn't working for you. Quick tests appear to show the feature fully functional. What does the log say?

It should say something like:
Code: [Select]
Time,Computer name,User name,PID,Process name,Action,More info,Path,Command line
06-21-2020 09:51:15,BITSUM-PRIMARY,jerem,5876,notepad.exe,Active power plan changed,Per request of process default the power plan is now Ultimate Performance,,
06-21-2020 09:51:15,BITSUM-PRIMARY,jerem,5876,notepad.exe,Automatic Performance Mode ON,Automatic Performance Mode was turned on because a specified game process was found running.,c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe,"C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe"

The log may give a clue...
Now it works, but when i quit game, profile doesn't switch back to profile, which was used before. I tried to select this profile in process lasso when i was in windows. And i don't know about any other setting, where you could specify that...

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 11:18:18 AM »
What does your log say when you exit the game? You can open the Log Viewer to copy/paste multiple rows here.

Offline empleat

• Basic
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 02:48:56 PM »
What does your log say when you exit the game? You can open the Log Viewer to copy/paste multiple rows here.
Per request of process default performance plan is now ultimate performance. Have no idea which process could request that, there is nothing in command line etc.
It also says performance mode was tuned off, right after that. But ultimate peformance plan is on, instead plan that was active, before i launched a game. Under process there is: processgovernor.exe

And strange thing is, there is no option to set default power plan, when no designated high performance process is not running. Also i tried to use google more and it didn't find anything related, also nothing in setting to do so...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:58:19 PM by empleat »

Offline Jeremy Collake

• Administrator
  • Member#
  • The Lasso
    • Bitsum
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 09:39:49 AM »
It isn't yet clear what is going on. Try closing your game and entering your desired power plan. The launch the game, close it again. Then copy/pasting several log rows (form the Log Viewer) so we can see the chain of events.

Offline empleat

• Basic
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
It isn't yet clear what is going on. Try closing your game and entering your desired power plan. The launch the game, close it again. Then copy/pasting several log rows (form the Log Viewer) so we can see the chain of events.
Hmmmm now it randomly works, didn't really change anything since than. Weird. Anyways thanks for help!