Game Performance Issues when not on Bitsum Highest performance all the time

Started by Globespy, August 19, 2021, 08:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globespy

Hello
For years I have just set the active power plan in group policy to the GUID for Bitsum Highest Performance.
I have been tring to create a quieter, cooler PC when not gaming. Ideally using Speedshift on a 'balanced' power plan to reduce core clock speeds when not gaming - this worked nicely.
:-[
I thought I would try to set the default win 10 power plan to balanced, and each time I launched a game I would alt+tab and find the game process in Process Lasso, set 'induce performance mode' (because PL does not do this for most games unfortunately),  ' exclude from ProBalance', and select the default power plan for the game as Bitsum Highest Performance.
The game does switch to the power plan when launched but I have found that I have been having both game stutters and recently, very short audio drop outs for no reason - no new drivers, nothing changed.

I went back into group policy and enabled the active power plan as Bitsum Highest Performance and all issues resolved.

Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

I don't have any theory as to why use of BHP *prior* to gaming would improve performance. I suspect the stutters and audio drop-outs are caused by other factors that occur intermittently. Unfortunately, it may be near impossible to isolate and resolve the true cause of these issues. You'll have to keep experimenting to find out what works best for you.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jibroni

Quote from: Globespy on August 19, 2021, 08:14:03 PM
Hello
For years I have just set the active power plan in group policy to the GUID for Bitsum Highest Performance.
I have been tring to create a quieter, cooler PC when not gaming. Ideally using Speedshift on a 'balanced' power plan to reduce core clock speeds when not gaming - this worked nicely.
:-[
I thought I would try to set the default win 10 power plan to balanced, and each time I launched a game I would alt+tab and find the game process in Process Lasso, set 'induce performance mode' (because PL does not do this for most games unfortunately),  ' exclude from ProBalance', and select the default power plan for the game as Bitsum Highest Performance.
The game does switch to the power plan when launched but I have found that I have been having both game stutters and recently, very short audio drop outs for no reason - no new drivers, nothing changed.

I went back into group policy and enabled the active power plan as Bitsum Highest Performance and all issues resolved.

Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

How much ram do you have? Stutters is pretty common in PC games, and it can happen for a multitude of reasons. Most of the times it happens in games that are cross platform.