Multi-process selection coming to v3.39 beta

Started by Jeremy Collake, January 09, 2009, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

I'm happy to announce that I'm nearly done implementing multiple-process selection. Initially, I'm only offering non-rule-creation operations when multiple processes are selected, but I'll be adding rule creation capabilities soon.

I believe many users will find this new feature handy. Thanks to those who have requested it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

Due to my past horrible experiences, I usually prefer to try small changes to only a single process at a time. Then I wait a few days to see the consequences. This change may prove to be a boon or a bane depending on ones choices and a bit of luck (bad or good as the case may be). Once proven on a few different Systems those changes would be made more easily and quickly as groups on other Systems. The down side could be a few catastrophes on the first few test PC's if too much is attempted at once. Only time and prudence will tell if this is a good thing or bad.

Jeremy Collake

That is a good point. Users must certainly be careful with it. Besides those people who'll do intentional operations that they may not know the full effect of, I can see people doing things like accidentally including critical processes in a multi-terminate operation :(. I was considering releasing a new beta tonight, but am going to wait as I add more confirmation and warning messages.

Thanks for feedback.

RDMTECH

I love this addition.....I can't wait until the instance limitations and other rules are added!   ;D

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: RDMTECH on January 11, 2009, 10:43:59 AM
I love this addition.....I can't wait until the instance limitations and other rules are added!   ;D

I'm glad you like it :). I'll be adding more menu options soon.

Jeremy Collake

I've now added default priorities and default CPU affinities to the multi-selection context menu, as of v3.43.1 beta. I'll get to the instance count limits and other functions tomorrow ;).

Jeremy Collake

Ok, I've now posted v3.44 final. It includes the following new multi-process selection menu items:

+ Default affinity
+ Default priority
+ Instance count limit
+ Exclude from ProBalance restraint

RDMTECH