Opteron 180 bug with Process Lasso

Started by 02clams, January 01, 2014, 10:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

02clams

Not a big deal but when process lasso is used on a system with an Opteron 180 CPU, the CPU utilization graph displays incorrect usage. Looks like if my CPU is at 10%, the graph makes it look like it is at 90%. However, when I minimize to the tray, the icon looks correct.

edkiefer

So with top graph of PL GUI  enabled does the red line in graph match the bottom status bar >CPU utilization % ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

And did it showing all process has a normal CPU usage? :)

02clams

Yes to both of the above posts. When the GUI is minimized the icon looks exactly like the CPU usage that is actually occurring. But when I open the GUI, the scrolling graph looks correct, but the CPU (per core) utilization graph looks backwards from what is actually being graphed. So my CPU appears, for example, to be stressed at 80% in the per core utilization, but the scrolling graph (red line) is approximately at 20%. I loaded PL on a quad core machine and the CPU utilization and the scrolling (red line) matches as it should.

02clams

Also, I'm just using the "out of the box" settings after installation of PL.

edkiefer

Ah, ok your talking about the bar graph, one for each core .

That particular graph has had various issues but most were just graphical , but if it shown a bar % was ok .

Maybe its way Opteron works , different than other CPU , see what support says when he gets here .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

The core utilization graph is probably showing a single core. On an 8 core system, if a single core is at 90%, then that represents about 10% total CPU utilization.

If you can take a screenshot / snip , then I'll have a better idea of what you mean. Don't worry with the system tray icon, I understand it is correct.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

02clams

Image is attached showing the scrolling graph and CPU per core bars.

BenYeeHua

Jeremy Collake

I see.

It could have something to do with the system/CPU configuration.

Let me do some analysis here and narrow down the possibilities.

Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.