Suggestion about PL interface (simple vs Expert mode) & Update

Started by Nico, February 11, 2011, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

HI Jeremy,

I don't know if this has ever been suggested but has you ever though of having a Process Lasso GUI using a "simple mode" display with a possibility to switch to an "Expert mode" ?

The "Simple mode" display would hide all the possible settings to only show the minimum settings and display in a smaller window. For the "Expert mode" display, just leave as it is now.

I am suggesting this only because I am wondering if for a someone who is not technically minded, he may be confused with too many possible option.

The other suggestion is about the update process to have a possibility to only be notified with major update (e.g 4.00.xx to 4.1.xx)

Kind Regards

Nico
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Jeremy Collake

Yes, and plan to do just that as HotRod points out. That will be the third (though first in ordering) tab. I am working on this for v5, one of many improvements.

Man, I can't wait to issue a new beta update after you guys get v4.09.23 beta, so you can try out the new automatic updater. I also hope it works, as I barely tested it before throwing it out there. I didn't even finish putting the status bar on it ;o.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.