Anti-Sleep not working

Started by jrg63, February 21, 2024, 12:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrg63

I'm having an issue stopping my machine from going to sleep. In Process Lasso, I search for the process that I want to prevent the PC from sleeping when its active, right click on it and select Prevent Sleep -> Prevent PC. I small d appears in the rules column. My power profile is set to sleep after 15m of inactivity and almost always I come back to my PC and find that its asleep even if one of the processes that I have set to disable sleep is active. I can see in the Actions Log that the process was detected and Process Lasso configured for no sleep but it doesn't appear to be working. This was working several months ago without issues as far as I can recall. My config is

AMD ThreadRipper 3970X, 128 GB
Edition   Windows 11 Pro
Version   23H2
Installed on   ‎23/‎6/‎2022
OS build   22635.3209
Experience   Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0

Thanks in advance for any help

Jeremy Collake

The small 'd' does not prevent the display from sleeping, just the PC itself. So, are you sure it isn't just your display that is going to sleep?

I know this can be confusing and we have a ticket to consider simplifying the feature.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Seturs

Quote from: jrg63 on February 21, 2024, 12:37:12 AMI'm having an issue stopping my machine from going to sleep. In Process Lasso, I search for the process that I want to prevent the PC from sleeping when its active, right click on it and select Prevent Sleep -> Prevent PC. I small d appears in the rules column. My power profile is set to sleep after 15m of inactivity and almost always I come back to my PC and find that its asleep even if one of the processes that I have set to disable sleep is active. I can see in the Actions Log that the process was detected and Process Lasso configured for no sleep but it doesn't appear to be working. This was working several months ago without issues as far as I can recall. My config is

AMD ThreadRipper 3970X, 128 GB
Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎23/‎6/‎2022
OS build    22635.3209
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0

Thanks in advance for any help

Try using the 'Keep PC Awake' or 'Keep Display On' options in Process Lasso. These options will prevent the PC or the display from sleeping for a specified duration, regardless of the process activity.