Version 8 Beta Progress (v7.9 beta)

Started by chris635, March 04, 2015, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Well, I try to be -- though get overwhelmed. You should see my TODO board (Google Keep). Holy cow.

Anyway, this sort of post-release minor fix is normal, so I've learned to not freak out every time I find something I wish I'd caught. Everything is a big deal to me, but rarely it is a big deal to users. And if it is, then I'd push an immediate update. Sadly, for whatever reason, it seems it's impossible to catch everything in betas. Whether you are Microsoft or Bitsum :)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Jeremy Collake

I am going to have to back peddle on Origin. I have changed 'Auto engage when a Steam game is running' to 'Attempt automatic game detection', because I believe I can do this much better than I currently am, and include Origin. Unfortunately, that mechanism isn't done yet, so we have what we have, which will detect some percent of Steam games.

I don't want to try to just toss it in. For 8.0.1.0, my goal is simple and pure stability. So, we'll have to wait a week or so on this, then I'll at least have it in a beta.

edkiefer

Just a update on this long thread , I think most all of the issues, at least ones I posted are addressed now in 8.0.1.0 .

Overall smarttrim is working much more logical now , excluded processes and allow smarttrim to trim while game mode are working here now .
Auto game mode with steam seems to be working to for limit Steam games i have .
Bitsum QA Engineer

chris635

Quote from: edkiefer on March 27, 2015, 07:02:20 AM
Just a update on this long thread , I think most all of the issues, at least ones I posted are addressed now in 8.0.1.0 .

Overall smarttrim is working much more logical now , excluded processes and allow smarttrim to trim while game mode are working here now .
Auto game mode with steam seems to be working to for limit Steam games i have .

I agree. Once origin gets added for auto game mode, I'd say it will cover most people who play games.
Chris

Jeremy Collake

Whew, I tell you what guys, it's been a busy week already.

I'll try to get Origin auto-detection working soon as I can, in a minor update.

I'll issue 8.0.2 by Friday, but it's just languages and licensing stuff (for now).

Right now, I'm doing server maintenance, trying to set up a dedicated database server so we can better load balance. The server has had trouble keeping up lately.